Computerwissen.xobor.de stellt IT Fachwissen online Web
Analytics View My Stats

WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have locked in their starting running back for 2015, after announcing that Paris Cotton ha

in Off-Topic Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:48 am
by jokergreen0220 | 75 Posts | 790 Points

WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have locked in their starting running back for 2015, after announcing that Paris Cotton has signed a two-year contract extension. Sandro Wagner Jersey . Cotton, 25, started the final four games of 2014 after taking over for Nic Grigsby, rushing for 341 yards on 55 carries with three touchdowns. He eclipsed the 100-yard mark twice in his final three games, averaging six yards per carry over his four starts. “His numbers speak for themselves, to be quite honest, said General Manager Kyle Walters. ”He got an opportunity and simply made the most of it. You look at what he did in those four starts, and it makes us eager to see what he can do over a full 18 games. Paris is a great young man with strong work ethic, an abundance of athleticism, and a team-first attitude, the Bombers second-year GM continued. He’ll have an opportunity to be the starting tailback with us next season.” Cotton also caught ten passes for 92 yards, and returned nine kickoffs for 184 yards. The move crosses off an important item on the teams off-season checklist, after a season that endured many highs and lows. Overall, 2014 saw marked improvement from 2013, as the Bombers won seven games (four more than the previous year) while competing for a playoff spot. They also appear to have their franchise quarterback in Drew Willy. On the other side, though, an eight-game losing streak eventually sidelined any hope of making the playoffs. The ground game, both defensively and offensively, plagued the Bombers through 2014, highlighted by a league-worst 152 yards per game against. With Cotton, though, their offensive rushing attack appears on track. “Having the chance to showcase my abilities late in the season was a blessing,” said Cotton. “Obviously we didn’t accomplish what we wanted to this season, but I feel the foundation is really there. Drew is a great quarterback and we are only going to get stronger the more time we play together.” Cotton said the thought of going elsewhere or exploring other options didn’t even cross his mind. “I knew all season this franchise is solid, from top to bottom. Coach Mike O’Shea is a first class coach, someone who players want to play for, he said. And once I had my opportunity, I was so grateful and wanted to get something done here as soon as possible. I’m really excited for what is ahead.” Head Coach Mike OShea, who guided the Bombers to a 5-1 start in his rookie season, said hes excited to see what Cotton can do over a full 18-game schedule. “The last few games, Paris reminded us of what we liked coming out of training camp,” said OShea. “He is a dynamic running back who possess quick feet and a burst of speed. We are looking forward to seeing what he can do for a full season.” Cotton originally signed with Winnipeg after impressing at the club’s Florida mini-camp last April. Prior to that, he played four years at Central Michigan, leading them in rushing in his final two seasons. Bastian Schweinsteiger Jersey . Bjoerndalen broke the record he shared with cross-country skiing great Bjoern Daehlie, also matching his fellow Norwegians record of eight gold medals. Bjoerndalen earlier won gold in Sochi in the mens sprint biathlon. Manuel Neuer Jersey . As for regular Olympic spectators, theyre being warned that most travel insurance policies wont cover acts of terrorism or war. The Games in southern Russia, which run from Feb. 7-23, are being staged amid unprecedented security and under global warnings of danger. http://www.germanyfcsoccershop.com/c-7-mats-hummels-germany-jersey.aspx . "Canada," Bolland said with a smile. "Is that a question?" One day earlier, though, fellow Toronto Maple Leafs centre Nazem Kadri wasnt so sure his home and native land could pull off the win against the United States in the semi-finals of the Olympic hockey tournament. PINEHURST, N.C. -- Now that hes got that pesky major out of the way, Justin Rose is learning to savour the quest for his next big title. Hes not nearly as optimistic about Englands chances in the World Cup. Rose is the reigning champion heading into the U.S. Open at Pinehurst, a player who is certainly more at ease with his place in golf now that hes got one of those prestigious titles on his resume. "In the last few months, I sort of realized what I have achieved and its time to embrace it, enjoy it, and let that be the strength for me to go on and win more," Rose said Tuesday. Of course, theres another big sporting event beginning this week, one that will certainly have the attention of Rose and his fellow English players. Their soccer-mad nation has a huge opening match in the World Cup against Italy on Saturday, the soccer game scheduled to begin in Brazil about the time the third round of the Open is wrapping up in North Carolina. Reflecting the mood of his homeland, Rose is not very hopeful. Englands only World Cup title came in 1966 and expectations are low for this team, a youthful squad playing in one of the most difficult groups. "I would say theres probably more chance of one of us winning the major than England winning the World Cup," said Rose, among 11 English players in the Pinehurst field. "Sad to say." Roses primary focus will be on his bid to become the first repeat U.S. Open champion in a quarter-century. Last years triumph at Merion had been in the making for nearly that long, ever since Rose finished fourth as an 18-year-old amateur at the 1998 British Open. He spent the next 15 years trying to finish the job, chasing a major title that seemed increasingly elusive as the close calls began to pile up, the weight of expectations becoming almost too much to bear. Then, just when it seemed he might have a lifetime membership in the "Best Players Never To Win A Major" club, Rose won a duel with Phil Mickelson at the venerable club outside Philadelphia, clinching the title with a 4-iron intoo the demanding 18th hole that gave him the par he needed to hold off Lefty. Joshua Kimmich Jersey. "I havent been one of those guys who said, OK, well, Im going to win X amount of majors in my career," Rose said. "I really want to treat this major that Ive won now as a gift and let it give me the ability to sort of free-wheel for the rest of my career -- play free, play loose, just go after it. Ive really got no pressure on me from that perspective anymore." Not surprisingly, the U.S. Golf Association paired Rose and Mickelson in the first two rounds. Both hope theyll still be playing together in the final group on Sunday. "I enjoy playing golf with Phil," Rose said. "I enjoy the spirit in which he plays the games, how free he is out there. Hes got a great temperament for the game. Nothing seems to faze him. Thats something a lot of players can look up to him for." Curtis Strange, the last player to win consecutive Opens in 1988 and 89, is pulling for Rose to join the exclusive club. "If Justin would happen to do it this year, that would be the first phone call," Strange said. "That would be fantastic." Rose missed the cut in his last tournament, the Memorial, though he thinks that might turn out to be a good break because it gave him more time to get familiar with Pinehurst. Before that stumble, he had ripped off three straight top-10 finishes on the PGA Tour, including a tie for fourth against a loaded field at The Players Championship. His biggest challenge this week might be keeping his mind on golf. During the 2010 World Cup, Rose held a three-shot lead going to the final round of the Travelers Championship. That morning, he watched Englands title hopes fade away with a 4-1 loss to Germany. Then he went out and shot a 75, finishing three shots behind winner Bubba Watson. "I never really calmed down," Rose recalled. "So maybe Ill be a little bit more careful about my emotions watching the football." After all, hes probably Englands best hope for a championship. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Für eine kleine Spende wäre ich sehr dankbar, denn das Leben ist ein scheiß Spiel, aber es hat eine verdammt geile Grafik!

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 809 topics and 960 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 70 users on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:18 pm..